FedEx's fourth-quarter profit jumps
June 18 (Reuters) - FedEx Corp's fourth-quarter profit more than doubled from the same quarter last year, when the world's No. 2 package delivery company recorded heavy charges related to cost cutting and restructuring.
The company reported net income of $730 million, or $2.46 per share, for the quarter ended May 31. Net income for the year-earlier period was $303 million, or 95 cents per share. (Reporting by Sweta Singh; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- Stress tests, Ebola cool global stocks after best week of year