FedEx's fourth-quarter profit jumps
June 18 (Reuters) - FedEx Corp's fourth-quarter profit more than doubled from the same quarter last year, when the world's No. 2 package delivery company recorded heavy charges related to cost cutting and restructuring.
The company reported net income of $730 million, or $2.46 per share, for the quarter ended May 31. Net income for the year-earlier period was $303 million, or 95 cents per share. (Reporting by Sweta Singh; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset