TE Connectivity to buy Measurement Specialties for $1.7 bln
June 18 (Reuters) - TE Connectivity, a maker of switches and sensors, said it would buy Measurement Specialties Inc, which makes precision sensors and sensor-based systems, for about $1.7 billion including debt, to strengthen its sensor-making business.
TE's offer of $86 per Measurement share represents a premium of 10.25 percent to Measurement's closing price on Wednesday. (Reporting by Ankit Ajmera in Bangalore; Editing by Simon Jennings)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |