'Accidental blast' kills 17 Chinese soldiers storing ammunition
BEIJING (Reuters) - An explosion killed 17 soldiers storing ammunition in a military warehouse in central China, state media reported on Wednesday.
The "accidental blast" on Tuesday happened in the province of Hunan, the official Xinhua news agency reported via its microblog.
Officials are investigating the cause, Xinhua said.
(Reporting By Megha Rajagopalan; Editing by Nick Macfie)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill