Hollande to meet GE, Siemens-MHI heads on Alstom on Friday
PARIS, June 19
PARIS, June 19 (Reuters) - French President Francois Hollande will hold successive meetings on Friday afternoon with the heads of General Electric, and Siemens and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries about their rival tie-up proposals for Alstom, an official in Hollande's office said.
The official was speaking after Hollande consulted with key ministers on the matter on Thursday.
The official said Hollande would hold fresh meetings with his ministers early on Friday before the discussions with the company principles but did not make any comment on whether the government had formed a preference. (Reporting by Elizabeth Pineau; Writing by Mark John; Editing by James Regan)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers