U.S. and allies ready to punish Russia more over Ukraine - Lew
BERLIN, June 19
BERLIN, June 19 (Reuters) - The international community is ready to punish Russia further if it does not show a more constructive approach in Ukraine, U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said on Thursday, adding that Moscow must back the peace plan instead of destabilising the situation.
"We continue to urge Russia to work with Ukraine to reach a negotiated resolution to the current situation. But if Russia is unwilling to reverse course, the United States and the international community is prepared to impose additional cost," Lew said at a news conference in Berlin.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief