Siemens CEO says open to France taking stake in Alstom
MUNICH, June 20
MUNICH, June 20 (Reuters) - Siemens and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) are open to the French government taking a stake in Alstom if their joint bid for the French firm's power assets succeeds, Siemens's chief executive said.
But CEO Joe Kaeser told journalists during a conference call on Friday that such an option had so far not been discussed.
Siemens and MHI are embroiled in a bidding war for the Alstom assets with General Electric, and both parties have revised their offers to win approval of Alstom and the French government ahead of a June 23 deadline.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program