Brazil to inject capital into BNDES in one installment -sources
BRASILIA, June 20
BRASILIA, June 20 (Reuters) - The Brazilian government plans to inject 30 billion reais ($13.5 billion) into state development bank BNDES in a single installment, two sources with direct knowledge of the situation told Reuters on Friday.
The capital injection will take place soon, said the sources, who requested anonymity because the decision has not been made public. Last month, the government approved the transfer of up to 24 billion reais to BNDES in the form of government bonds, a move needed to allow Brazil's main source of long-term corporate credit to extend more loans for this year.
($1 = 2.23 Brazilian reais) (Reporting by Luciana Otoni; Writing by Guillermo Parra-Bernal; Editing by Bernard Orr)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- UPDATE 4-Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading