Bulgaria central bank puts Corpbank under special supervision: statement
SOFIA, June 20
SOFIA, June 20 (Reuters) - Bulgaria's central bank has put Corporate Commercial Bank under special supervision, withdrawn shareholders' rights and appointed special advisers to the bank, it said in a statement on Friday.
The central bank acted after it received information in a letter from Corporate Commercial bank on Friday morning that it had stopped all payments and stopped all types of bank operations due to a liquidity drain.
Corpbank is Bulgaria's fourth largest lender. (Reporting by Tsvetelia Tsolova; Editing by Matthias Williams and Alison Williams)
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work