Raiffeisen says not affected by Corpbank woes in Bulgaria
VIENNA, June 20
VIENNA, June 20 (Reuters) - Raiffeisen Bank International said it was unaffected by a run on Corporate Commercial Bank in Bulgaria which prompted the Bulgarian central bank to take control of the country's fourth-largest lender on Friday.
"There is no impact on Raiffeisen Bank in Bulgaria," a spokesman for the Austrian bank said in Vienna.
Raiffeisen, emerging Europe's second-biggest lender, said in its first-quarter report it was Bulgaria's sixth-biggest bank with a 2.4 billion euro ($3.26 billion) loan book and more than 740,000 customers.
($1 = 0.7366 Euros) (Reporting by Michael Shields; Editing by Pravin Char)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea |
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.