Bulgaria government offers help to stabilise Corpbank
SOFIA, June 20
SOFIA, June 20 (Reuters) - The Bulgarian government is ready to support the central bank's efforts to stabilise Corporate Commercial Bank (Corpbank), it said in a statement on Friday.
A run on the Balkan state's fourth largest-lender this week prompted the central bank to take control of Corpbank on Friday, with Central Bank Governor Ivan Iskrov urging depositors to stay calm.
"If needed, the Bulgarian government will support the Bulgarian National Bank's efforts with all necessary actions and resources," the government statement said. (Reporting by Matthias Williams and Tsvetelia Tsolova; editing by Keiron Henderson)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan