Fitch upgrades NY state general obligation bonds to 'AA+'
June 20 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings upgraded the rating for the State of New York's general obligation (GO) bonds to 'AA+' from 'AA', citing improved fiscal management practices by the state in recent years.
The ratings agency expects that the state will continue to adhere to strengthened fiscal management practices. (bit.ly/1kVVUjj)
Fitch added that New York's debt burden is above average but still in the moderate range, with a modest decline in the burden of debt in the recent years. (Reporting By Tanvi Mehta in Bangalore)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM