US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-S&P edges up at open to fresh record
NEW YORK, June 20
NEW YORK, June 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks edged up at the open on Friday, with the S&P 500 gaining for a sixth day to a fresh record high and on track for a fourth weekly gain over the past five.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 19.78 points, or 0.12 percent, to 16,941.24, the S&P 500 gained 1.87 points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,961.35 and the Nasdaq Composite added 5.36 points, or 0.12 percent, to 4,364.69.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- Stress tests, Ebola cool global stocks after best week of year