ECB banking watchdog says it is well on track to achieve goals
DUBLIN, June 23
DUBLIN, June 23 (Reuters) - The European Central Bank's supervision of its banking sector is well on track to achieve its objectives, the bloc's top regulator said on Monday.
The ECB's Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) is preparing to run the rule over 128 banks that it will begin supervising from November.
"Our project management milestone plan is quite extensive. We are working very intensely to meet the objectives, and we are well on track with achieving them," Daniele Nouy, chair of the Supervisory Board of the ECB, told a conference in Dublin.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel