Hungary cuts rates by 10 bps to new low of 2.3 pct
BUDAPEST, June 24
BUDAPEST, June 24 (Reuters) - The National Bank of Hungary cut its base interest rate by another 10 basis points on Tuesday, bringing it to a record low 2.3 percent as evidence of falling price pressures gave it further leeway to pursue growth-friendly policies.
The 23rd successive monthly reduction in the base rate was forecast by all analysts polled by Reuters last week.
The forint traded at 305.60 versus the euro, a tad firmer than 305.70 just before the announcement.
The bank will release a statement at 1300 GMT. (Reporting by Krisztina Than)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?