Australia's Lend Lease sells Bluewater mall, sees earnings boost
SYDNEY, June 25
SYDNEY, June 25 (Reuters) - Australian property company Lend Lease Corp said on Wednesday it had sold its interest in Bluewater Shopping Centre to Land Securities Group PLC for 696 million pounds ($1.2 billion), boosting its 2014 earnings by more than 45 percent.
Lend Lease said it now expected a net profit of A$810 million to A$830 million ($761 million to $780 million) for the year and anticipated paying out 50 percent of net profits in unfranked dividends.
Consensus forecasts from Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S had pegged net income expectations at around A$536 million for FY 2014. ($1 = 0.5956 British Pounds) ($1 = 1.0639 Australian Dollars) (Reporting by Lincoln Feast; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients