Dollar at 5-month low below 34 roubles after Ukraine ceasefire
MOSCOW, June 24
MOSCOW, June 24 (Reuters) - The U.S. dollar has fallen to below 34 Russian roubles for first time since Jan. 23.
The rouble weakened to 36.71 to the dollar in mid-March as international tensions around Ukraine escalated, but has since recovered ground. Late on Monday, Ukraine's eastern pro-Russian rebels agreed to observe a ceasefire with government forces at least until Friday morning to allow peace talks to proceed.
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel