Ukraine's Poroshenko welcomes Putin's step towards military de-escalation
MOSCOW, June 24
MOSCOW, June 24 (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said on Tuesday Russia's move to revoke a resolution authorising military intervention in Ukraine was the Kremlin's "first practical step" towards settling the crisis in the country's restive east.
Russian agencies reported earlier that Putin had submitted a request for the resolution to be revoked.
The decision is "the first practical step since the Russian President formally supported the Ukraine's peace plan," a statement posted on the presidential website quoted Poroshenko as saying. (Reporting by Pavel Polityuk; Writing by Alessandra Prentice)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor