Cyprus central bank says capital issuance by banks a smart move
NICOSIA, June 25
NICOSIA, June 25 (Reuters) - Cyprus's Central Bank governor said on Wednesday attempts by commercial banks to raise capital were a wise move that would bolster them for euro zone-wide stress tests later this year.
Chrystalla Georghadji told journalists she would urge banks to undergo stress tests "absolutely prepared" and with adequate capital buffers.
Bank of Cyprus, a lender which recapitalised last year by turning a percentage of deposits into equity, is to discuss capital issues and funding at a board meeting on June 26, it said on Tuesday.
(Reporting By Michele Kambas, editing by John Stonestreet)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut