Cycling-Ji to become the first Chinese rider in Tour de France
PARIS (Reuters) - Ji Cheng will be the first Chinese rider to take part in the Tour de France after he was picked by his Giant-Shimano team to ride the world's greatest bike race on Wednesday.
Ji, 26, was already the first Chinese rider to participate in a grand tour when he rode the Vuelta (Tour of Spain) in 2012.
The Tour de France starts from Leeds on July 5.
(Reporting by Julien Pretot, editing by Pritha Sarkar)
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Fiji says Syrian rebels want compensation, removal from terror list