Japan's Sharp says Hon Hai has not proposed resuming tie-up talks
OSAKA Japan (Reuters) - Japan's Sharp Corp said on Wednesday it has not received a proposal from Hon Hai Precision Industry Co to resume discussions about the Taiwanese company taking an equity stake, after talks on an equity tie-up ended between the two.
Hon Hai Chairman Terry Gou told a Japanese magazine in an article published this month that his company was still interested in investing in Sharp.
Sharp Representative Director Tetsuo Onishi told a shareholders' meeting: "At this time, we have received no proposals."
(Reporting by Yoshiyuki Osada; Writing by Edmund Klamann; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade