Japan's Sharp says Hon Hai has not proposed resuming tie-up talks
OSAKA Japan (Reuters) - Japan's Sharp Corp said on Wednesday it has not received a proposal from Hon Hai Precision Industry Co to resume discussions about the Taiwanese company taking an equity stake, after talks on an equity tie-up ended between the two.
Hon Hai Chairman Terry Gou told a Japanese magazine in an article published this month that his company was still interested in investing in Sharp.
Sharp Representative Director Tetsuo Onishi told a shareholders' meeting: "At this time, we have received no proposals."
(Reporting by Yoshiyuki Osada; Writing by Edmund Klamann; Editing by Chris Gallagher)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |