Philippines hit by quake of magnitude 5.6: USGS
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - An earthquake of magnitude 5.6 struck off the coast of the Philippine island of Luzon on Wednesday, around 400 km (250 miles) from Manila, the capital, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake at a depth of 77 km, hit at 1152 GMT. There were no immediate reports of casualties.
(Reporting by Clarence Fernandez; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers in Europe, ECB speculation holds down euro