Kerry calls on Putin to stop support for Ukraine rebels
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin should prove he is committed to peace in Ukraine and stop supporting separatists, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Wednesday.
"We believe it is critical for President Putin to prove by his actions, not just his words, that he is indeed fully committed to peace," Kerry told a news conference following a NATO meeting of foreign ministers.
"It is critical for him to stop the flow of weapons and fighters across the border, to call publicly for the separatists to lay down their arms, to pull Russian forces and equipment back and to help get OSCE hostages released," he added.
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Kurds say they have halted Islamic State advance on Syrian town |