Valeant calls its shareholders to a special meeting
June 25 (Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International on Wednesday said it had called a special meeting for its shareholders to approve the issuance of new shares, another step in its pursuit of Botox maker Allergan Inc .
Valeant's multiple offers for Allergan have been rebuffed and the company is proceeding with a hostile takeover. It has taken its $53 billion offer, made jointly with Pershing Square Capital Management head William Ackman, directly to shareholders through a separate proxy solicitation to Allergan investors.
(Reporting by Caroline Humer)
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist