Valeant CEO 'delighted' by Paulson's Allergan stake
June 26 (Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc Chief Executive Officer Michael Pearson said on Thursday that he is "delighted" hedge fund Paulson & Co has amassed a large stake in takeover target Allergan Inc, and believes Valeant will garner enough support to trigger a special meeting of Allergan's board.
Reuters reported exclusively on Wednesday that Paulson had built a stake in Allergan of more than 6 million shares and supports a deal between the Botox maker and Valeant.
(Reporting by Rod Nickel in Winnipeg, Manitoba)
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran