Lennar revenue rises 28 pct on higher home sales
June 26 (Reuters) - Lennar Corp, the second-largest U.S. homebuilder, reported a 28 percent increase in quarterly revenue as it sold more homes, and said orders rose 8 percent.
Revenue rose to $1.82 billion in the second-quarter ended May 31 from $1.43 billion a year earlier.
Net income was flat at $137.7 million, or 61 cents per share.
The company handed over 4,987 homes to owners in the quarter, an increase of 12 percent.
Orders, a key indicator for home builders, jumped to 6,183 houses. (Reporting by Mridhula Raghavan in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets