BUZZ-Danone shares rise on mounting takeover speculation
** Shares in Danone rise 3 percent, second top gainers on the broad STOXX 600 index.
** Danone investor seminar in New York leaves investors with few clues on how the group will create value, while fuelling M&A speculation.
** Following seminar, Natixis analysts raise Danone rating to "buy" from "neutral", target price to 73 euros from 53 euros.
** Natixis sees increased likelihood Danone could be a takeover target.
** Natixis says either Danone's financial ratios durably improve or it could face takeover bid.
** Nestle, Pepsico seen as most likely potential buyers.
** Danone has market cap of 35.7 billion euros ($48.6 billion)
Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video