US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat; Barclays weighs on bank shares
NEW YORK, June 26
NEW YORK, June 26 (Reuters) - Wall Street opened little changed on Thursday with focus on financial stocks following a fraud lawsuit against British bank Barclays.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 5.78 points or 0.03 percent, to 16,861.73, the S&P 500 lost 1.76 points or 0.09 percent, to 1,957.77 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 1.05 points or 0.02 percent, to 4,378.71.
U.S.-traded Barclays shares fell 7.5 percent in early trading and the S&P financial sector index dropped 0.3 percent.
(Reporting by Angela Moon; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor