Nike's profit rises on strong sales in North America, Europe
June 26 (Reuters) - Sports wear maker Nike Inc reported a rise in quarterly profit, helped by strong sales of its apparel and footwear in North America and Western Europe.
The company's net income from continuing operations rose to $698 million, or 78 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ended May 31 from $690 million, or 76 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue from continuing operations rose 13 percent to $7.43 billion, excluding the impact of currency fluctuations. (Reporting by Devika Krishna Kumar in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Officials make preparations for Ferguson grand jury decision |
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- U.S., Iran discussing new ideas to break nuclear impasse: sources
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight