Nike's profit rises on strong sales in North America, Europe
June 26 (Reuters) - Sports wear maker Nike Inc reported a rise in quarterly profit, helped by strong sales of its apparel and footwear in North America and Western Europe.
The company's net income from continuing operations rose to $698 million, or 78 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ended May 31 from $690 million, or 76 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue from continuing operations rose 13 percent to $7.43 billion, excluding the impact of currency fluctuations. (Reporting by Devika Krishna Kumar in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command