Nike's profit rises on strong sales in North America, Europe
June 26 (Reuters) - Sports wear maker Nike Inc reported a rise in quarterly profit, helped by strong sales of its apparel and footwear in North America and Western Europe.
The company's net income from continuing operations rose to $698 million, or 78 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ended May 31 from $690 million, or 76 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue from continuing operations rose 13 percent to $7.43 billion, excluding the impact of currency fluctuations. (Reporting by Devika Krishna Kumar in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Euro data hits stocks, China reading soothes commodities