Canada's Shaw Communications 3rd-qtr profit falls, eyes cash boost
TORONTO, June 26
TORONTO, June 26 (Reuters) - Shaw Communications Inc , a Western Canada-focused media and cable company, said on Thursday that net income fell in the third quarter, as it lost more television subscribers despite a boost from business customers.
Shaw reported net income of C$228 million ($210 million), or 47 Canadian cents per share, for the quarter ended May 31, down from C$250 million, or 52 cents a share, a year earlier.
Operating revenue was C$1.342 billion, up slightly from a year ago. The company said it now expects free cash in excess of C$650 million for 2014. ($1 = 1.0853 Canadian dollars) (Reporting by Alastair Sharp; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |