Canada's Wiggins taken as top pick of NBA Draft by Cavaliers
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Canada's Andrew Wiggins from the University of Kansas was taken with the number one pick of the 2014 NBA Draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers at Barclays Center on Thursday.
The 19-year-old Wiggins, an athletic, 6-foot-8 (2.03m) guard with great leaping ability who averaged 17.1 points and 5.9 rebounds last season as a freshman, joins a Cavs team that was 33-49 last season in the National Basketball Association.
(Reporting by Larry Fine; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note