U.S. and Germany goalless at halftime
RECIFE Brazil (Reuters) - The United States and Germany were goalless at halftime in their World Cup Group G match on Thursday, a result that would see both teams qualify for the last 16.
Germany looked the most likely to break the deadlock with the U.S. defense scrambling away several dangerous crosses and Omar Gonzalez making some last ditch tackles as the European side surged forward.
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight