Ukraine's president extends ceasefire for 3 days - Itar-Tass
MOSCOW, June 27
MOSCOW, June 27 (Reuters) - Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko told European Union leaders on Friday he was extending a ceasefire in east Ukraine for three days, Russia's Itar-Tass news agency quoted an unnamed European diplomatic source as saying.
The ceasefire, between Ukrainian government forces and pro-Russian separatist rebels, had been due to end late on Friday.
(Reportign by Katya Golubkova, Writing by Gabriela Baczynska, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- European investors hold nerve as Russia-Ukraine warnings ratchet up
- Fighting erupts between Syrian army, rebels on Golan Heights |
- Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV |