Moldova signs trade, political agreement with EU
BRUSSELS, June 27
BRUSSELS, June 27 (Reuters) - Former soviet republic Moldova joined Georgia and Ukraine in signing a free-trade and political cooperation agreement with the European Union on Friday, turning away from Russia and moving closer to the West.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S