Gunmen kill four Egyptian soldiers in North Sinai: state media
CAIRO (Reuters) - Gunmen killed four Egyptian soldiers belonging to the central security apparatus near Rafah in North Sinai on Saturday, state media reported.
The gunmen forced the soldiers, who were returning from a holiday and dressed in civilian clothing, out of their vehicle and shot them before escaping, the state news agency MENA reported, citing security sources.
(Reporting By Shadia Nasralla; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist