Isinbayeva gives birth to first child
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Double Olympic pole vault champion and 28-times world record holder Yelena Isinbayeva has given birth to a girl, the Russian Athletics Federation said in a statement on Sunday.
The baby is the 32-year-old's first child.
Isinbayeva decided to take a break from athletics after winning gold at the world championships in Moscow in August.
(Reporting by Dmitriy Rogovitskiy, editing by Tony Jimenez)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel