BSkyB in talks to take majority stake in Love Productions -the Times
June 30 (Reuters) - BSkyB, Britain's largest pay-TV company, is in talks to take a majority stake in Love Productions, which produces shows such as "The Great British Bake Off" and "Benefits Street," the Times reported, without citing sources.
The deal, which was first reported by Britain's Broadcast magazine, would add to business at BSkyB's Sky Vision distribution unit, the Times said. (bit.ly/1ltmsJ9)
The unit sells show rights to programmes produced in the UK to overseas markets.
A spokesman for BSkyB, which counts Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox as its largest shareholder, declined to comment. (Reporting by Esha Vaish in Bangalore; Editing by Leslie Adler)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |