Carrefour buys 53 Billa supermarkets in Italy from Rewe
PARIS, June 30
PARIS, June 30 (Reuters) - Carrefour said it is buying 53 Billa supermarkets from German retailer Rewe to strengthen its presence in northern Italy.
The stores are located in the Italian regions of Lombardy, Liguria and the Aosta Valley, and had combined net sales of around 300 million euros ($409 million) in 2013, Carrefour said in a statement on Monday. ($1 = 0.7331 Euros) (Reporting by James Regan; Editing by Laurence Frost)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Nationalist leader says Scots tricked out of independence
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Kurds issue new call to arms against Islamic State in Syria |