SINGAPORE PRESS-Singapore's white-collar-crime police beef up resources-Business Times
Singapore's white-collar-crime police - who now want to be known as the country's Financial Police - have gone through their biggest reorganisation effort in over a decade, and significantly beefed up their resources, to better position themselves to combat the new threats posed by financial crime both domestically and internationally.
The Commercial Affairs Department of the Singapore Police Force, in their annual report and through an interview with The Business Times, laid out just why such fundamental changes to the department were necessary to meet the new challenges.
"As financial crime increases in scale and becomes more complex, we need to sub-specialise thematically, according to the crime concerns of the day," said CAD director Tan Boon Gin.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Anshuman Daga; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Wall St. tumbles; S&P below 50-day moving average
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible |