Fed's Williams: don't use monetary policy to fight bubbles
SUN VALLEY, Idaho, June 30
SUN VALLEY, Idaho, June 30 (Reuters) - San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank President John Williams said on Monday he was "very concerned" that some policymakers want central banks to focus monetary policy on fighting asset bubbles because doing so could detract from their ability to stabilize inflation.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB