Fed's Williams: don't use monetary policy to fight bubbles
SUN VALLEY, Idaho, June 30
SUN VALLEY, Idaho, June 30 (Reuters) - San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank President John Williams said on Monday he was "very concerned" that some policymakers want central banks to focus monetary policy on fighting asset bubbles because doing so could detract from their ability to stabilize inflation.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Ukraine says pro-Russia rebels shoot down two fighter jets