BMW's new Mexico plant to make up to 150,000 cars per year -source
MUNICH, Germany, July 1
MUNICH, Germany, July 1 (Reuters) - A new auto-assembly plant of German luxury carmaker BMW will be capable of producing 150,000 vehicles per year, a source told Reuters on Tuesday.
Munich-based BMW said on Monday it would make an announcement in Mexico on July 3, all but confirming a widely expected decision to build a new factory to meet growing demand for premium cars, shortly after its rival Daimler announced similar plans.
BMW declined to comment. (Reporting by Irene Preisinger Writing by Andreas Cremer)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’