Chile government to capitalize Codelco with $200 million injection
SANTIAGO, July 1
SANTIAGO, July 1 (Reuters) - Chile's government said on Tuesday it will capitalize state-owned miner Corporacion Nacional del Cobre with $200 million to help finance the company's investment plans.
The funds are a part of Codelco's 2013 profits.
Codelco gives all of its profits to the state, which then decides on an annual basis how much to return to the miner.
Center-left President Michelle Bachelet's government will send Congress a bill during the third quarter "to assure its long-term financing," the Finance Ministry said in a statement. (Reporting by Anthony Esposito)
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- China OKs iPhone 6 sale after Apple addresses security concerns
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes