Czech PPF buyout of O2 CR shares does not raise stake above 90 pct
PRAGUE, July 1
PRAGUE, July 1 (Reuters) - Czech investment group PPF said on Tuesday a buyout offer to minority shareholders of O2 Czech Republic did not raise its stake above the level which would trigger an additional offer to buy out minority interests.
PPF acquired a 65.9 percent stake in O2 Czech Republic earlier this year and launched a buyout offer at a price of 295.15 crowns per share in May, which expired on Monday.
It said in a news release it would disclose the exact number of shares acquired at a later date after evaluating all acceptance notices.
Under the law, the level requiring an additional buyout offer is 90 percent of a company's stock. (Reporting by Jason Hovet)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand