Russia, China close to agreement on rouble-yuan swaps -cenbank
MOSCOW, July 1
MOSCOW, July 1 (Reuters) - Russia's central bank governor said on Tuesday that Russia and China were close to reaching an agreement on conducting swap operations in roubles and yuan to enhance bilateral trade.
"We are at a rather advanced stage of working through the question about rouble-yuan swaps to facilitate trade finance," Elvira Nabiullina told journalists on the sidelines of a central bank conference in Russia's second city of St. Petersburg.
"A meeting is planned in China next week, and we will continue to discuss (the matter)," she said. (Reporting by Lidia Kelly and Oksana Kobzeva; Writing by Alexander Winning, editing by Elizabeth Piper)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. health experts in Dallas review potential Ebola exposure |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source |