Bitcoin auction had one winner: U.S. Marshals Service
(Reuters) - There was one winner in the U.S. Marshals Service auction of nearly 30,000 bitcoin, a spokeswoman said on Tuesday, without naming the successful bidder.
The U.S. Marshals Service auctioned off bitcoin seized from the Silk Road drug ring. There were more than 40 bidders in the auction, with a number of well-known players in bitcoin saying they were unsuccessful.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers