RPT-Nikkei rises to 5-month high on strong U.S. manufacturing data
(Repeats to add slug)
TOKYO, July 2 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average rose to a fresh five-month high on Wednesday morning after U.S. shares closed at record levels as strong U.S. manufacturing activity lifted sentiment.
The Nikkei rose 0.7 percent to 15,436.62 in early morning trade, its highest level since January 24.
The broader Topix gained 0.6 percent to 1,284.04, and the JPX-Nikkei Index 400 added 0.6 percent to 11,669.00. (Reporting by Ayai Tomisawa; Editing by Eric Meijer)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols