SINGAPORE PRESS-Sharp hike in yuan deposits in Singapore banks - Straits Times
Singapore banks have seen a sharp increase in the amount of yuan deposits over the past nine months, after moves were made to strengthen the Republic's position as a yuan offshore centre.
Banks in Singapore had 220 billion yuan ($35.49 billion) in deposits at the end of March, up sharply from 138 billion yuan in June last year, data from the Monetary Authority of Singapore showed.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. ($1 = 6.1995 Chinese Yuan Renminbi) (Reporting by Singapore Newsroom; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers