Overpass collapses in World Cup host city; at least 1 dead - media
SAO PAULO, July 3
SAO PAULO, July 3 (Reuters) - An overpass collapsed in the Brazilian World Cup host city of Belo Horizonte on Thursday, leaving at least one person dead, according to media reports.
A portion of a bridge over a highway in the city fell, crushing a few vehicles, GloboNews and other media outlets reported.
Belo Horizonte will host one of the World Cup semi-final games next Tuesday. (Reporting by Guillermo Parra-Bernal; Editing by Kieran Murray)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor