Viking Global Investors co-CIO Purcell to take a sabbatical
BOSTON, July 3
BOSTON, July 3 (Reuters) - Tom Purcell, hedge fund Viking Global Investors' co-chief investment officer, will be taking a sabbatical, according to a letter sent to investors.
Dan Sundheim, who has shared the CIO job with Purcell, will be the sole CIO, according to the letter dated July 1, which was seen by Reuters.
The firm told investors that it gained 6.6 percent in the first half of the year, an investor in the fund said on Thursday. (Reporting by Svea Herbst-Bayliss; Editing by Marguerita Choy)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- World stocks advance on strong data, earnings