Hedge fund Jana Partners to ask PetSmart to explore sale
July 3 (Reuters) - Activist hedge fund Jana Partners LLC said it planned to ask PetSmart Inc to explore a sale, sending the pet products retailer's shares up 13 percent in premarket trading.
Jana Partners reported a 9.9 percent stake in the company in a regulatory filing and said it expects to hold discussions with PetSmart's management and board, shareholders and other interested parties. (1.usa.gov/1orkOfN) (Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Nationalist leader says Scots tricked out of independence
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Kurds issue new call to arms against Islamic State in Syria |